Questions & Answers
Below are a few of the common questions clients ask about our Pet Wellness Plans.
Ask a Different Question
Submit the form below and we'll be back in touch to answer your question!
- How do Wellness Packages work?
Each Package has a down payment that is made the same day of services. The Junior Packages have a $200 down payment and the Puppy/Kitten and Senior Packages have a $250 down payment.
The remaining balance on the package can be spread out over 12 months, so you pay a low monthly payment and have all of the recommended services done without financially impacting you all at once.
- Do Wellness Packages renew automatically after a year?
No, once your payments are finished and it is time to renew your annual services, you have the option to start another package (with another down payment) or just pay for the services a-la-carte (as needed).
- How do I make the monthly payments?
Your payment information (credit card) is entered into a secure portal when you sign up for your plan. You can choose the withdrawal date between the 1st and 15th of each month that's best for you.
- How does a Pet Wellness Package help me manage my finances?
Even if your pet is healthy, preventive and routine care can add up quickly.
After your initial downpayment, our Pet Wellness Packages offer you an easy-to-manage monthly payment option, so that you know exactly what your core pet care will cost each month. No surprises.
By spreading out the payments, our Wellness Packages help avoid the problem of bigger bills each time you bring your pet in to see the vet.
- My pet is getting older. Does it make sense to buy a Wellness Package?
- My pet is young and healthy. Does it make sense to buy a Wellness Package?
Our team believes that prevention from an early age helps to give your pet their best chance at a long and healthy life.
At Fayette Veterinary Medical Center we offer Wellness Packages specifically designed to meet the unique preventive healthcare needs of kittens, puppies, and young adult dogs and cats.
- Should I invest in a Pet Wellness Package every year?
Depending on the age and overall health of your pet it may or may not a good idea to signup for a Wellness Package every year. This is why our Wellness Packages do not automatically renew after 12 months.
Our goal is to provide the highest quality veterinary care for your pet at an affordable price.
Speak to your vet to find out whether signing up for another year is right for meeting your pet's preventive healthcare needs.
- Will the Wellness Package cover all of my pet's healthcare needs?
Wellness plans cover the routine care that all cats and dogs need such as regular vaccines, basic dental care, heartworm prevention, and more. You will also receive a 10% discount on a 6 or 12 month supply of the flea and tick preventive product that we recommend for your pet.
- What is the difference between a Pet Wellness Package and pet insurance?
While both Wellness Packages and pet insurance help you manage the costs of your pet's veterinary care, the types of veterinary services they cover are different.
Wellness Packages only include the cost of the preventive care services listed for each individual package.
Pet Insurance is designed to cover emergency services, accidents, or specific illnesses. Each pet insurance policy covers different services. Be sure to research different policies when shopping for insurance for your pet.
- What types of Pet Wellness Packages do you offer?
We offer Pet Wellness Packages uniquely designed to meet the preventive healthcare needs of cats and dogs as they grow from kittens and puppies into adulthood and on to their senior years.
- Which parasite prevention products are included in Wellness Packages?
Our Pet Wellness Packages provide you with annual heartworm prevention medications or products suitable for your pet as well as a 10% discount on a 6 or 12 month supply of the flea and tick preventive product that we recommend for your companion animal.
The product we recommend for your pet will be based on whether your pet is a cat or dog, and how old your pet is.
The parasite prevention medications and products we recommend include:
- 6 month or annual Proheart© injections to protect your pet against heartworms
- Topical solutions such as Revolution© (heartworm & flea prevention) and Revolution Plus© (heartworm, flea and tick prevention)
- Simparica© to protect your pet against fleas and ticks